Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Birth of a Blog

It took me a long time to even consider jumping into the world of "Web 2.0." I am a writer, almost compulsively sometimes, but my materials have always been pens and spiral notebooks, moleskines, or even the margins of a catalog when I run out of lined paper. So here I am, backlit for the first time, and on display.

This blog is not intended to be scholarly in any way. In fact I don't outline, draft, or revise any of my entries (except this one, which changes as the blog changes). So there may be incomplete thoughts, poor typing, and even contradictions within an entry. I am using it for practice.

The topics I write on are still somewhat disjointed, but I'd like to think that they are all in some format or include enough information and insight that they could each be an article in a magazine. Different magazines for different entries of course. But that is my goal for now. To create article-quality writing or better, to get myself into a constant writing mode, and to throw out and write about ideas I'd like to explore for my thesis. I hope at some point this can be something of a portfolio.

At some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I publish all the comments, the good, the bad and the ugly. Unless I have no idea what you're saying. If you want to email me (with only good I hope), I'm at rbyrd [at] niu [dot] edu.